Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dust off the saddles...

With yet another home fading in the rear view mirror, adventure is now in my sights. Tomorrow, my wife and I embark on a 5-week bicycle tour of Canada's maritime provinces: Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and New Brunswick. Panniers are packed (overflowing, actually), bike chains are lubed, and all freelance projects have been put on hold.

The journey begins with a drive to Bar Harbor, a night of camping, and then a 3-hour CAT ferry ride to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. From there, plans get pretty loose.

I hope to post occasional updates and snapshots here and on my Matador blog, but the main journaling will be done over at crazyguyonabike.com. You can find my tour page here. This is the platform I used to chronicle my 2006 bicycle journey through Southeast Asia, and it worked well. My only concern is that, between the camping that will be taking place on this trip and the lack of Internet cafes in Canada compared to Asia, I might not be able to post as frequently. But we'll see what happens.

There's always more than a little anxiety prior to embarking on an endeavor like this, but once I hit the road it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll let you know.

No comments: