Thursday, September 23, 2010

Looking Local: New Blog Concept at WayWorded


Living room paint color. Japanese-inspired bamboo blinds and noren curtains. Bathroom tile demo. Table saw and topsoil purchases. These are the things in my head on a daily basis. I've tried, but I either can't or don't want to twist them to fit a "travel" perspective fit for writing about here.

So I've decided to start a new series of posts instead, profiling points of interest around my new home: Austin, TX. The master plan is to compile writeups like these into some sort of "travel guide" to the city (or at least the East Side, where I live) down the road. For now, I'll see how it goes posting individual reviews here at WayWorded.

First trial coming shortly.

5 comments:

Kathy Amen said...

You're a "hometown tourist"!

(Can you explain why this post came after the next one in my reader?)

julie said...

I like it, Hal! Looking forward to learning more about Austin through you.

hal said...

@Kath: No clue.

@Julie: Happy to be your guide!

Carlo Alcos said...

Nice. I'll use them when I come for a visit and stay with you.

hal said...

Cool, Carlo. But then you'd have us to show you around anyway!