Friday, September 4, 2009
Silly me. For the last couple months, I was looking forward to September.
"The work will ease up," I told myself, "and I'll have nothing to do but explore Buenos Aires and enjoy myself."
Ha. The work keeps coming, and though my bank account thanks me, my sense of adventure does not.
And on top of everything else going on this month, I've accepted a temporary guest editor position at TheExpeditioner.com. I'll be contributing short posts to the site near-daily until the lead editor returns from a trip to Africa (talk about adventure). Anyone wondering where my typings are showing up this month, head over there.
In between writing assignments, here's what I'm dreaming about:
* Taking in the Argentina vs. Brazil World Cup qualifier tomorrow
* Moving to a more atmospheric BA neighborhood at the end of the month
* Busing to the wine country of Mendoza and cultural capital of Córdoba in October
* Eating juicy steaks with a couple of my Matador colleagues that live here
* Closing out a year in South America with an as-yet-to-be-determined trip, before flying north to lovely, snowy (hopefully) Maine for the holidays
Okay, I feel better now. Life is good. Peace.